Self-love captions help your social posts resonate with followers looking to live their best life.
Unfortunately, they can be difficult to write for yourself!
Are you searching for short self-love captions for Instagram?
This long list of 139 short self-love quotes and captions should help.
Interested In Short Self-Love Captions For Instagram? You Might Also Like These…
- 162 Self-love Bio Captions for Instagram
- 152 Best Biking Captions for Instagram
- 145+ Best Cocktail Quotes for Instagram
- 101 Art Captions for Instagram
- 450 Best Hashtags for Instagram Reels
- 200 Beautiful Aesthetic Captions and Quotes
- 100 Awesome Birthday Wishes for Your Brother
- 120 Awesome Adjectives Starting with N
Thoughtful Self-Love Captions
Thoughtfulness is at the core of self-love. After all, time spent thinking about improving the world for yourself and others is never time wasted.
Use these self-love quotes for Instagram or any other social platform.
1. I’m learning to let go of perfection and embrace my authenticity.
2. I’m worthy of love and respect, and I make sure to extend that love and care to myself daily.
3. I’m enough, exactly as I am.
4. I’m on a journey of self-discovery and self-love, and I’m grateful for every step.”
5. I’m learning to embrace my imperfections and flaws because they make me who I’m.
6. Loving myself means taking care of myself, physically and emotionally.
7. I’m worthy of self-care, and I prioritize it daily.
8. I’m learning to trust myself and my decisions.
9. I’m learning to let go of negative self-talk and embrace positivity.
10. I’m worthy of my own time and attention, and I make sure to prioritize self-care.
11. Self-love means being kind and compassionate towards myself.
12. I’m worthy of love and happiness, and I’m learning to embrace it fully.
14. I’m learning to let go of the need for validation from others and embrace self-acceptance.
15. I’m learning to set boundaries and prioritize my own needs.
16. I’m worthy of love and respect, and I extend that love and respect to myself every day.
17. I’m learning to let go of comparison and embrace my unique qualities.
18. I’m on a journey of self-discovery and self-love, and I’m excited for all that is yet to come.
19. Self-love is about honoring and accepting myself, flaws and all.
20. I’m enough, and I’m worthy of love and happiness.
21. I’m learning to embrace my strengths and weaknesses and to love myself fully.
22. I’m worthy of self-care, and I’ll prioritize it.
23. I’m learning to let go of self-doubt and embrace self-confidence.
24. I’m worthy of love and respect, and I extend that love and respect to myself every day.
25. I’m learning to let go of the past and embrace the present moment.
26. I’m on a journey of self-discovery and self-love, and I’m grateful for every step I take.
Self-Love Quotes to Fill You With Confidence
You don’t always have to come up with original self-love captions.
Instead, channel the enduring wisdom of some of the world’s most influential thinkers on your Instagram posts, reels, and stories. Just ensure you cite the source!
27. “To be beautiful means to be yourself. You don’t need to be accepted by others. You need to accept yourself.” – Vietnamese Buddhist monk Thich Nhat Hanh
28. “Love yourself first, and everything else falls into line. You really have to love yourself to get anything done in this world.” – American actress Lucille Ball
29. “I’m not bound to win, but I’m bound to be true. I’m not bound to succeed, but I’m bound to live up to what light I have.” – 16th President of the United States of America Abraham Lincoln
30. “The most terrifying thing is to accept oneself completely.” – Swiss psychiatrist and psychoanalyst Carl Jung
31. “Self-love is an act of radical defiance. In a society that tells us we are too much, too loud, too different, self-love is a political act, a way of saying ‘I’m worthy, I’m enough, I’m okay just as I am.'” – Unknown
32. “To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.” – American essayist Ralph Waldo Emerson
33. “You are very powerful, provided you know how powerful you are.” – Yogi Bhajan
34. “I think the reward for conformity is that everyone likes you except yourself.” – American writer Rita Mae Brown
35. “The only person who can pull me down is myself, and I’m not going to let myself pull me down anymore.” – Author C. JoyBell C.
37. “To accept ourselves as we are means to value our imperfections as much as our perfections.” – Author Sandra Bierig
38. “The more you love your decisions, the less you need others to love them.” – entrepreneur Pete Cashmore
39. “Self-love is an ocean, and your heart is a vessel. Make it full, and any excess will spill over into the lives of the people you hold dear.” – Author Beau Taplin
40. “Love yourself enough to set boundaries. Your time and energy are precious. You get to choose how you use it. You teach people how to treat you by deciding what you will and won’t accept.” – Author Anna Taylor
41. “To fall in love with yourself is the first secret to happiness.” – British actor Robert Morley
42. “Self-love is not selfish; you cannot truly love another until you know how to love yourself.” – Unknown
43. “Self-love is the source of all our other loves.” – French tragedian Pierre Corneille
44. “You are imperfect, permanently and inevitably flawed. And you are beautiful.” – American writer Amy Bloom
45. “Self-love is not self-absorption; it is self-awareness.” – Unknown
Instagram Captions for Self-Love That Are Really Funny
There’s much to be said for not taking yourself too seriously on social media – even when it comes to self-love!
Here are some funny self-love captions if you’re looking to keep things lighthearted.
46. Self-love is all about treating myself like the queen (or king) I am.
47. I may not have it all together, but at least I’m trying to love myself.
48. I may not be a supermodel, but I’m a super cool human.”
49. I love myself so much that I even like my own company (most of the time).
50. Self-love is about feeling good enough to eat an entire pizza alone.
51. I may not have a six-pack, but I have a six-pack of beer, and that’s way more important.
52. Self-love means never apologizing for indulging in a little guilty pleasure.
53. I may not be a 10, but I’m a solid 8.5 (on a good day).
55. I may not have it all together, but at least I’m trying to love myself (and maybe some ice cream too).
56. Self-love means never having to apologize for being a little extra.
57. I may not have a six-pack, but I have a pretty impressive collection of socks.
58. Self-love means never feeling guilty about indulging in a bit of self-care.
59. I may not have it all together, but at least I’m trying to love myself (and maybe some chocolate too).
60. Self-love means never apologizing for being a little extra (and maybe a little sassy too).
61. I may not have a six-pack, but I have a pretty impressive collection of memes.
“I’m Not Perfect, But…” Love Yourself Captions for Instagram
Here’s another option for Instagram self-love captions that falls on the sillier side of life.
If you’re lucky and do it right, you might even inspire your followers to make up their own “I’m not perfect, but…” captions in the comments!
62. I’m not perfect, but I’m pretty darn awesome.
63. I’m not perfect, but I’m still pretty darn cute (if I do say so myself… and maybe if my partner agrees).
64. I’m not perfect, but I’m still pretty impressive (just ask my family).
65. I’m not perfect, but I’m still pretty fabulous (just ask my friends).
67. I’m not perfect, but I’m still pretty darn fabulous (just ask my mom).
68. I’m not perfect, but I’m pretty darn close (just kidding).
69. I’m not perfect, but I’m still pretty cute (if I do say so myself).
70. I’m not perfect, but I’m still pretty darn amazing (just ask my dog).
71. I’m not perfect, but I’m pretty darn lovable (at least, that’s what my cat tells me).
72. I’m not perfect, but I’m fabulous just the way I’m.
Self-Love Short Captions for Instagram (They’re VERY Short)
Sometimes, just a few carefully combined words say it all.
These ultra-short self-love captions are perfect for Instagram posts with beautiful imagery or reels with thoughtful, heartwarming videos.
2 to 3-Word Self-Love Captions
73. Prioritize self-care.
74. Trust yourself.
75. Forgive yourself.
76. I am enough.
77. Love yourself first.
78. Self-love is vital.
79. Embrace your imperfections.
80. You are worthy.
82. Love yourself fiercely.
83. You are enough.
84. Love yourself—always.
85. Self-love is non-negotiable.
86. Embrace your flaws.
87. Self-love is self-care.
88. Trust in yourself.
89. Love yourself unconditionally.
90. Self-love is essential.
91. Self-love is vital.
4-Words or More Captions for Self-Love
92. Love yourself without reservation.
93. Have confidence in yourself.
94. You’re deserving of self-care.
95. Embrace your true self.
96. Be kind to yourself.
97. Self-love is a journey.
98. Embrace your unique qualities.
99. You’re worthy of self-care.
100. Be your own biggest fan.
101. Self-love is a daily practice.
102. Be your own biggest supporter.
104. Embrace your strengths and weaknesses.
105. Embrace your true, authentic self.
106. Self-love is a daily habit.
107. Embrace all of your qualities.
108. I’m enough, exactly as I am.
109. You’re worthy of love and happiness.
110. Self-care is a form of self-love.
111. Self-love is crucial to your well-being.
112. You are deserving of love and happiness.
113. You are deserving of love and respect.
Captions for Self-Love Centered on Nature
Did you know that research shows nature has a multitude of health benefits?
Spending time in the countryside or forest makes us happier and feel more connected to the world and others.
114. Find peace and self-love in the beauty of nature.
115. Find solace and self-love in the tranquility of nature.
116. The natural world reminds us to love and appreciate ourselves just as we are.
117. The creatures of the earth can teach us so much about self-love and acceptance.
118. Nature is a source of endless beauty and inspiration for self-love.
120. The animals of the world are a constant reminder to love ourselves unconditionally.
121. Nature is a constant reminder of the beauty and uniqueness in all of us.
122. The wonder and diversity of the natural world can inspire self-love and appreciation for ourselves.
123. Nature is a reminder to love ourselves and our surroundings.
124. The beauty and simplicity of nature can be a source of self-love and contentment.
125. Find inspiration for self-love in the resilience and adaptability of animals.
Food Captions for Self-Love
Food, food, glorious food!
There’s nothing better for our sense of self than preparing a hot meal on a cold day in a warm kitchen. Or sitting down with friends to a hearty, healthy dinner.
126. Find self-love and nourishment in healthy, nourishing meals.
127. Treat yourself with love and care by choosing foods that make you feel good.
129. Fuel your body and mind with nourishing, self-loving meals.
130. Find joy and self-love in the simple pleasure of a delicious meal.
131. Nourish your body and soul with self-loving, healthy meals.
Self-Love Captions for the Love of Sport/Exercise
An apple a day might keep the doctor away, but getting physical definitely will!
Help your followers love themselves through sport by using these captions on your Instagram.
132. Find self-love and empowerment through physical activity.
133. Exercise is a form of self-care and self-love.
134. Make time for sports; make time for you.
135. Treat yourself with love and care by making time for physical activity.
137. Exercise is a way to show yourself love and appreciation.
138. The process of moving and pushing your body can bring joy and self-love.
139. Physical activity can bring self-love and confidence.
The Only List of Short Self-Love Captions for Instagram You’ll Ever Need
Coming up with long or short self-love captions for Instagram can be challenging!
You need something original that resonates with your followers, or a quote from someone your fans connect with…
But most of all, you need to have some fun as well!
Self-love’s an important topic, but it doesn’t have to be 100% serious all the time.
So don’t be afraid to post some light-hearted self-love captions sometimes too.
Are you looking for more social media caption lists? We have a ton! These creative captions for Facebook are a great place to start.