Novelist George R.R. Martin famously wrote:
“You may be as different as the sun and the moon, but the same blood flows through both your hearts. You need her, as she needs you.”
Who was he talking about?
Sisters, of course!
If you’re lucky enough to have a sister (or maybe even a few sisters), you know how special this relationship can be.
Sure, there are times when you drive each other crazy — but you also know she’ll always have your back!
Does your sister have a birthday coming up? Are you looking for the perfect thing to say on her big day?
I’ve put together a list of heart touching birthday wishes for your sister to give you plenty of inspiration.
You’ll also find some ideas that are witty, emotional, and meaningful, along with some famous sister quotes for her birthday.
So grab a pen and a piece of paper and keep reading — you’re sure to find the perfect birthday blessings for your sister below!
You might also like these…
- 85 Good Morning Messages for Friends
- A Comprehensive List of Moods
- 85 Quotes About Walking Alone
- 145 Awesome Hashtags about Friends
- 450 Best Hashtags for Instagram Reels
- 125 Epic Instagram Captions for Boys
- 62 Good Morning Messages to Make Her Fall in Love
Heart Touching Birthday Wishes for Sister
1. “On your special day I want to wish you another exciting year, full of amazing discoveries and joyful surprises. Happy birthday, dear sister!”
2. “I’m smiling because we’re sisters. I’m laughing because there’s nothing you can do about it.” — Anonymous
3. “The special connection that we share is something I simply couldn’t live without. Enjoy your birthday, my fabulous sister.”
4. “Sending you wishes of love and joy and I hope that your birthday this year is a magical experience. I love you, sis. Happy birthday!”
5. “My sweet sister, may you have a truly fabulous birthday. I hope you make many wonderful memories this year.”
6. “Happy birthday to my forever fabulous sister. Go out there this year and get everything you’ve ever wanted.”
7. “Wishing you the happiest birthday from the bottom of my heart and hoping that your new year ahead gets off to a great start.”
9. “Remember, sis, challenges are there to make you rock solid. Happy birthday to my brave and super strong sister!”
10. “Wishing you a very happy birthday, my dearest sister. May you always shine as brightly as a diamond and continue making us proud! I love you very much.”
11. “Our parents made us siblings, but we became friends all on our own. Happy birthday, my wonderful sister.”
12. “Every year, you keep shining brighter. Happy birthday to my best friend and beloved sister.”
13. “Happy birthday, my dear sister. I pray that God gives you every joy, peace, and happiness in the coming year.”
14. “Everything else in life can fade away, but not the love of a sister. Wishing my beautiful sister a very happy birthday!”
15. “Wishing the world’s most amazing sister a fabulously happy birthday. I know that you will keep on making phenomenal strides in your life.”
Emotional Birthday Wishes for Sister
16. “I didn’t know that true love existed until God brought you into my life. Happy birthday, my sweet sister.”
17. “You deserve all the happiness the world has to offer each and every day. But this is especially true today on your special day. Happy birthday, sis!”
18. “You are my sister, so dear and true. You’re my lifeline and best friend through and through. Have a very happy birthday, my beloved sister.”
19. “My dear sister, you are a true blessing in everyone’s life, and especially so in mine. Have a very happy birthday!”
20. “Despite our arguments and our differences, you will always be the most important person in my life. Have a wonderful birthday, my dear sister!”
22. “You are the backbone and the driving force of my entire life. Thanks for always supporting me in everything I do. Here’s wishing a happy birthday to my beautiful sister!”
23. “It’s hard to find the right words when wishing a happy birthday to a wonderful sister like you. Why? Because you are absolutely the perfect sibling, through and through!”
24. “A very happy birthday to you, my sweet sister. May your special day see all of your dreams and wishes come true.”
25. “There is no other love and bond like what exists between the sisters. You bring so much warmth and joy to my life. Happy birthday, my dear sister.”
26. “You are an unstoppable force today and every day. Happy birthday, my amazing sister!”
Meaningful Birthday Wishes for Sister
27. “Sister to sister we will always be, just a couple of nuts on the family tree. Happy birthday, sis!”
28. “Thank you for being such a wonderful sister. You truly are one in a million. Now go celebrate your big day in style!”
29. “Sisters are God’s way of reminding us that brothers can’t have fun all alone. Happy birthday to my favourite sister!”
30. “No matter how many years pass or how old we get, I’ll always cherish you with my entire heart. Happy birthday to the best sister ever.”
31. “May your birthday be one that is overflowing with happiness. Sending my best wishes and a big happy birthday to you, my darling sister.”
33. “I’ve stopped worrying about failures and discouragements, as you are always standing by my side. Your presence motivates me to keep trying. Happy birthday to my wonderful sister!”
34. “Even when no one else seems to care, a sister is someone who’ll always be there. Happy birthday to my lovely sister and thank you for always being there for me.”
35. “More than a sister, you are also my caretaker and angel guardian. Thanks for always showering me with your love and kindness. Have a very happy birthday!”
36. “Wishing you the grandest, brightest, and most fabulous birthday celebration! Nobody deserves it as much as you do. Happy birthday, sis.”
How to Say “Happy Birthday, Big Sister”
37. “I’m wishing the happiest of birthdays to you today, my dearest sister. You’re the sweetest, most supportive big sister I could ever ask for, and I’m so blessed to have you in my life.”
38. “Growing up, I always looked up to you. Thanks for always showing me how it’s done (with style). Happy birthday to my favourite role model!”
39. “Every time your birthday comes around, it fills my heart with so much love, pride, and joy. You are quite simply a big sister unlike any other. Happy birthday!”
41. “No matter how old we get or how far apart from one another we may live, you will always hold a special place in my heart. Happy birthday, my eldest sister.”
42. “True happiness is seeing you smile and hoping that it lasts for a while. Happy birthday to the best big sister in the world.”
43. “God gave me the best when He gave me you as a big sister. Happy birthday, sis!”
44. “My dear older sister, thank you for being a brilliant mentor and best friend rolled into one. Have an amazing birthday filled with happiness and joy!”
How to Say “Happy Birthday, Little Sister”
45. “My beautiful baby sister, you have a heart of gold and the sweetest soul. I hope you have the most magnificent birthday this year! Happy birthday to you.”
46. “I’m wishing a very happy birthday to my dear little sister who is turning another year older today. May you always continue to be the bright, beautiful girl I’ve watched grow up.”
47. “Hugs, kisses, and pinches with a bundle of birthday wishes for my favourite little sister.”
48. “In the kaleidoscope of my life, you form the most beautiful patterns and vibrant colours. Happy birthday to my one-of-a-kind little sister.”
50. “My wish for you on your special day is that only the very best comes your way. Happy birthday, little sis.”
51. “Always just be yourself, don’t worry about what others think, and know that I am always there for you. Happy birthday to my lovely little sister!”
52. “Happy birthday, baby sis. May your birthday bring you as much happiness and joy as you’ve brought into the lives of others.”
Meaningful Birthday Quotes for Sister
53. “I could never love anyone as I love my sisters.” — Little Women, Louisa May Alcott
54. “In the cookies of life, sisters are the chocolate chips.” — Anonymous
55. “There is no friend like a sister in calm or stormy weather; to cheer one on the tedious way, to fetch one if one goes astray, to lift one if one totters down, to strengthen whilst one stands.” — Christina Rossetti
56. “A sister smiles when one tells one’s stories — for she knows where the decoration has been added.” — Chris Montaigne
57. “A sister is like yourself in a different movie, a movie that stars you in a different life.” — Deborah Tannen
58. “There can be no situation in life in which the conversation of my dear sister will not administer some comfort to me.” — Mary Worley Montagu
59. “Sweet is the voice of a sister in the season of sorrow.” — Benjamin Disraeli
60. “Sisters function as safety nets in a chaotic world simply by being there for each other.” — Carol Saline
61. “The love of sisters needs no words. It does not depend on memories, or mementoes, or proof. It runs as deep as a heartbeat. It is as ever-present as a pulse.” — Lisa Wingate
62. “Having a sister is like having a best friend you can’t get rid of. You know whatever you do, they’ll still be there.” — Amy Li
63. “Is solace anywhere more comforting than that in the arms of a sister?” — Alice Walker
65. “That’s the best thing about little sisters: They spend so much time wishing they were elder sisters that, in the end, they’re far wiser than the elder ones could ever be.” — Gemma Burgess
66. “Of two sisters one is always the watcher, one the dancer.” — Louise Glück
67. “A sister is both your mirror and your opposite.” — Elizabeth Fishel
68. “If you don’t understand how a woman could both love her sister dearly and want to wring her neck at the same time, then you were probably an only child.” — Linda Sunshine
69. “Sisters are different flowers from the same garden.” — Anonymous
70. “Acquaintances are always on their best behaviour, but sisters love each other enough to say anything.” — Lauren Weisberger
71. “What’s the good of news if you haven’t a sister to share it?” — Jenny DeVries
72. “Sisters are for sharing laughter and wiping tears.” — Anonymous
73. “Our sister is our first friend and second mother.” — Sunny Gupta
74. “More than Santa Claus, your sister knows when you’ve been bad and good.” — Linda Sunshine
75. “A sister is a little bit of childhood that can never be lost.” — Marion C. Garretty
Write the Best Birthday Blessings for Your Sister
Maybe you get on each other’s nerves sometimes, but let’s face it — you can’t imagine life without your sister!
Let her know how much you care by sharing some of these heart touching birthday wishes for your sister.
Write them on a card, send them in a text, or — better yet — give her a big hug and say these words out loud.
Feeling inspired? Looking for more great ideas about what to say to the special people in your life?
Check out this post about the best birthday wishes for your brother!