Do you enjoy walking for exercise or recreation?
Research shows that walking alone can increase your longevity and help you live a longer, happier life.
Maybe you don’t walk alone every day in the literal sense.
But you might feel like you’re figuratively walking alone on a certain path through life.
Either way, having some good walk alone quotes may inspire you on the journey.
That’s why I’ve put together this ultimate list of quotes about walking alone!
Keep reading to see which walking alone quotes appeal to you most.
Enjoy quotes about walking alone? You might also like these…
- 96 Missing Girlfriend Quotes
- 145+ Best Cocktail Quotes for Instagram
- 14 Brilliant BBQ Games for Adults
- How to Take Good Feet Photos to Sell Online
- 90 Alone Quotes for Girls
- 85 Sad Alone Status Ideas
- 145 Top Hashtags for Friends
- 150 Motivational Status Ideas for Whatsapp
Famous “I Walk Alone” Quotes
1. “It’s better to walk alone than with a crowd going in the wrong direction.” — Diane Grant
2. “My emotions overload because there is no hand to hold, there’s no shoulder here to lean on; I’m walking all on my own.” ― Christina Aguilera
3. “Every woman should know how to walk alone…even if she doesn’t like it.” — Pamela Redmond Satran
4. “Inside myself is a place where I live all alone and that is where I renew my springs that never dry up.” — Pearl S. Buck
5. “Wisdom’s daughter walks alone, the mark of Athena burns through Rome.” ― Rick Riordan
6. “We allow our ignorance to prevail upon us and make us think we can survive alone, alone in patches, alone in groups, alone in races, even alone in genders.” — Maya Angelou
7. “The woman who walks alone is likely to find herself in places no one has ever been before.” ― Albert Einstein
9. “The strongest man in the world is he who stands most alone.” — Henrik Ibsen
10. “Yes, I began my journey alone, and I ended it alone. But that does not mean that I walked alone.” ― Brandon Sanderson
11. “We cannot walk alone. And as we walk, we must make the pledge that we shall always march ahead. We cannot turn back.” ― Martin Luther King Jr.
12. “If one’s different one’s bound to be lonely.” — Aldous Huxley
13. “Walk on with hope in your heart, and you’ll never walk alone.” ― Shah Rukh Khan
14. “If you go deeper and deeper into your own heart, you’ll be living in a world with less fear, isolation and loneliness.” — Sharon Salzberg
15. “The soul that sees beauty may sometimes walk alone.” ― Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
16. “The best part about being alone is that you really don’t have to answer to anybody. You do what you want.” — Justin Timberlake
Quotes About Walking Alone (Figuratively)
17. “Some walks you have to take alone.” ― Suzanne Collins
18. “I have come to believe that we do not walk alone in this life. There are others, fellow sojourners, whose journeys are interwoven with ours.” — Richard Paul Evans
19. “No one saves us but ourselves. No one can and no one may. We ourselves must walk the path.” ― Gautama Buddha
20. “You come into the world alone and you go out of the world alone; yet, it seems to me you are more alone while living than even going and coming.” — Emily Carr
21. “Standing alone doesn’t mean I am alone. It means I am strong enough to handle things all by myself.” — Unknown
22. “I think it’s good for a person to spend time alone. It gives them an opportunity to discover who they are and to figure out why they are always alone.” — Amy Sedaris
23. “We walk alone through this world, but if we’re lucky, we have a moment of belonging to something that sustains us through a lifetime of loneliness.” ― Paullina Simons
25. “When walking alone in a jungle of true darkness, there are three things that can show you the way: instinct to survive, the knowledge of navigation, creative imagination.” ― Toba Beta
26. “Being alone means you have fewer problems.” – Whitney Houston
27. “The hardest walk is walking alone, but it’s also the walk that makes you the strongest.” — Unknown
28. “As I get older I’m more and more comfortable being alone.” — Sienna Miller
29. “Alone in the dark, a great light illuminated my path.” ― Lailah Gifty Akita
30. “Sometimes you need to be alone. Not to be lonely, but to enjoy your free time being yourself.” — Unknown
31. “Stop walking through the world looking for confirmation that you don’t belong.” — Brene Brown
Quotes About Walking Alone (Literally)
32. “There is a wilderness we walk alone, however well-companioned.” ― Stephen Vincent Benét
33. “Not a day went by without a solitary walk, in which she might indulge in all the delight of unpleasant recollections.” ― Jane Austen
34. “It is far better to be alone than to be in bad company.” — George Washington
35. “This bridge will only take you halfway there. The last few steps you have to take alone.” ― Shel Silverstein
36. “There is a certain unique and strange delight about walking down an empty street alone.” — Sylvia Plath
37. “Take photographs in the wood, run alone in the rain and sing your heart out high up on a mountain.” — Charlotte Eriksson
38. “If you want to be strong, learn to fight alone.” — Unknown
40. “To get some distance from this, you first need to get some perspective. Walk outside on a clear night and just look up into the sky.” — Michael A. Singer
41. “And the danger is that in this move toward new horizons and far directions, that I may lose what I have now, and not find anything except loneliness.” — Sylvia Plath
42. “I love walking in the woods. I love being part of nature. I love walking alone. One needs to be alone, to recharge one’s batteries.” — Grace Kelly
43. “Being alone has a power that very few can handle.” — E.H.J. Finance
44. “I like sharing my life with other people, but sometimes I really enjoy being as alone as possible.” — J. Zuckerman
45. “We’re born alone, we live alone, we die alone. Only through our love and friendship can we create the illusion for the moment that we’re not alone.” — Orson Welles
46. “Alone or not, you gotta walk ahead. Thing to remember is if we’re all alone, then we’re all together in that too.” ― Cecelia Ahern
Inspirational Walking Alone Quotes
47. “I would rather walk with a friend in the dark, than alone in the light.” ― Helen Keller
48. “If you are never alone, you can never know yourself.” — Unknown
49. “Most often, walking alone with my shadow is how I find my answer, the result of gathering together all agreeable parties.” — Robert Breault
50. “Language created the word ‘loneliness’ to express the pain of being alone. And it has created the word ‘solitude’ to express the glory of being alone.” — Paul Tillich
51. “Don’t be scared to walk alone. Don’t be scared to like it.” — John Mayer
52. “There’s something really cool about knowing that your destiny is SO big that you’re not meant to share it with anyone. At least not yet.” ― Mandy Hale
53. “For the sake of love alone, I would walk through fire again.” ― Diana Gabaldon
54. “If you make friends with yourself you will never be alone.” — Maxwell Maltz
55. “Walking alone, just thinking – that’s treatment, man. That’s the most comforting rehab I’ve known.” — Tyrann Mathieu
57. “Loneliness adds beauty to life. It puts a special burn on sunsets and makes night air smell better.” — Henry Rollins
58. “Walk on, walk on with hope in your heart, and you’ll never walk alone, you’ll never walk alone.” — Oscar Hammerstein II
59. “Leadership is the other side of the coin of loneliness, and he who is a leader must always act alone. And act alone, accept everything alone.” — Ferdinand Marcos
60. “Walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.” — Audrey Hepburn
61. “For poise, walk with the knowledge you’ll never walk alone.” — Sam Levenson
62. “What a lovely surprise to finally discover how unlonely being alone can be.” — Ellen Burstyn
63. “I am not afraid to keep on living. I am not afraid to walk this world alone.” — Gerard Way
64. “You may feel lost and alone. But God knows where you are and has a good plan for your future.” — Unknown
65. “The greatest thing in the world is to know how to belong to oneself.” – Michel de Montaigne
Sad & Lonely Quotes About Walking Alone
66. “Whatever walked there, walked alone.” ― Shirley Jackson
67. “Walking alone is not difficult but when we have walked a mile worth a thousand years with someone then coming back alone is what is difficult.” ― Faraaz Kazi
68. “I would not suffer anyone to endure the path I walk. My road must always be travelled alone.” ― Julie Kagawa
69. “I like to be alone. But I hate being lonely.” — Unknown
70. “She had become accustomed to being lonely. She was used to walking alone and to being considered ‘different.’” ― Betty Smith
71. “If it’s true that our species is alone in the universe, then I’d have to say the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little.” — George Carlin
72. “Sometimes I wish someone out there will find me. ‘Til then I walk alone.” — Green Day
73. “No one will come riding on a white horse and take all your worries away. You have to save yourself, little by little, day by day.” — Charlotte Eriksson
74. “You’re not dead, but not alive either. You’re just a ghost with a beating heart.” — Unknown
75. “You can’t be lonely if you like the person you’re alone with.” — Wayne Dyer
77. “It is better to stay calm by staying alone and giving new ideas to your mind than talking uselessly to useless people.” — Unknown
78. “The only time we waste is the time we spend thinking we are alone.” — Mitch Albom
79. “Loneliness is a good feeling when it is created by ourselves. But it is the worst feeling when it is gifted by others.” — Unknown
80. “I think the greatest amount of pressure is the pressure I place on myself. So in a way, I chose to be alone.” — Cathy Freeman
81. “You never walk alone. Even the devil is the lord of flies.” ― Gilles Deleuze
82. “Wisdom holds a candle to experience, but you’ve got to take the candle and walk alone.” ― Lauren Kate
83. “Hell is oneself, Hell is alone. There is nothing to escape from and nothing to escape to. One is always alone.” ― T.S. Eliot
84. “You must walk alone to find your soul.” ― Laurie Halse Anderson
85. “He was everything your mother warned you about when she told you not to walk alone in the dark.” ― Nenia Campbell
What Will You Do With These Walk Alone Quotes?
As you can tell, there are awesome walk alone quotes to suit every mood and situation.
Whether you’re feeling melancholy, inspired, relaxed, or lonely, there’s sure to be a quote to match your emotions.
Save this list so you can glance at it again before your next solo walk. It’s sure to provide the inspiration you need during your journey!
Walking (alone or with someone else) is great for your health, but what about becoming wealthier and wiser?
Continue browsing this site for more stellar lifestyle advice.