How do you feel when someone says, ‘Good morning my friend?’
Are you bright-eyed and bushy-tailed when the sun comes up? Or do you groan when your alarm clock starts ringing?
Interestingly, there are advantages to both personality types.
“Early birds” tend to be better planners, set loftier personal goals, and enjoy a healthier sense of well-being.
On the other hand, “night owls” tend to be more creative and academically successful, as well as more likely to seek out new experiences.
Whether you’re an early bird, a night owl, or somewhere in between, it’s always nice to wake up to a thoughtful greeting.
If you’re looking for some sweet good morning messages for a friend, family member, or significant other, you’ve come to the right place.
Keep reading for a long list of thoughtful, sweet, and funny good morning messages for friends!
Looking for good morning messages for friends? You might also like these posts:
- 145 Awesome Ice Breaker Questions for Teenagers
- How Many Weeks Are in a School Year?
- 62 Good Morning Messages to Make Her Fall in Love
- 165+ Color Captions for Insta
- 450 Best Hashtags for Instagram Reels
- 101 Awesome Captions About Art
- 150 Motivational WhatsApp Status Ideas
- 200 Aesthetic Captions for Instagram
Cheerful Good Morning Friend Messages
Ready to get started? Brighten your friend’s day with one of these cheerful good morning message ideas.
1. “I hope your day is filled with wonderful and unexpected surprises. Good morning my dear friend!”
2. “Rise and shine, bud. We have so much to look forward to today. I’ll see you soon!”
3. “I know you’re not a morning person, but I hope this message adds a little bit of cheer to your day. Sending lots of love and positive energy your way.”
4. “Good morning friend. I hope your day is full of sunshine and positive affirmations.”
5. “The sun is shining, the birds and chirping, and I’m thinking of you. Have a wonderful morning, my dear friend.”
6. “Good morning, my best friend. I hope your day is as radiant as the sunshine.”
7. “I hope you have a relaxing, peaceful morning that prepares you for the day ahead. Good morning, my special friend.”
8. “A beautiful day awaits! Open your curtains and look at the spectacular day outside. I’m thinking of you.”
9. “I like to spend a few moments each morning thinking of the people who mean the most to me. Today I’m thinking of you. Good morning, my friend!”
11. “From the moment you wake up to the moment you go to sleep, you make the world a better place. Have a terrific morning, my friend!”
12. “Good morning friend. I can’t wait to meet up and hear about everything that’s happening in your life.”
13. “Start today with a good attitude and lots of determination. You got this, bud!”
14. “Good morning sunshine. You’re going to have an amazing day today, so get out there and make it happen.”
15. “Every day we’re given a choice to become a better version of ourselves or to do nothing and stay the same. I hope you wake up with the motivation to take the first option.”
16. “You take away my melancholy the way the morning sun burns off the fog. Good morning, my dearest friend…Have a wonderful day!”
17. “I hope this day brings you lots of happiness and joy because no one deserves it more than you do. Have a blessed and beautiful day!”
18. “My morning isn’t complete until I hear from you. Have a wonderful day, my dear friend, but don’t forget to text me back and let me know how you’re doing.”
19. “The first song on the radio this morning was our favourite jam and it made me think of you. Good morning, my friend, and have a wonderful day today.”
20. “Forget your worries and start each day with renewed hope. Wishing you a good morning, afternoon, and evening, my dearest friend.”
Funny Good Morning Messages for Friends
Does your friend love to laugh? Make them chuckle with one of these witty ways to say, ‘Good morning dear friend.’
21. “Who needs sugar in their coffee with friends like you? Send me a text when you wake up!”
22. “If you don’t wake up soon, I’ll eat all the breakfast…and drink all the coffee.”
23. “Wake up you must. May the froth be with you.”
24. “Quit snoring and wake up, bud. We have a lot to do today!”
25. “From the depths of your slumber, I summon thee… Wake up!”
26. “Wakey, wakey, my friend. That coffee isn’t going to make itself.”
27. “There’s really no reason for me to be awake this early, but here I am. Don’t make me face this day alone — it’s time to wake up!”
28. “Do you know that glorious moment in the morning when you wake up feeling rejuvenated and refreshed? Yeah, me neither.”
29. “Morning, sleepyhead! It’s time to get up and convince the world that you’re mentally stable.”
31. “Do you hear the birds chirping outside? Good, that means you’re awake.”
32. “Today is the future we worried about yesterday. See? It’s not so bad!”
33. “Open your mouth and say, ‘Aaaaaaah.’ I’ll pour the coffee in!”
34. “Rise and shine, pal. I’ll be at your place in five…Get ready to rock n’ roll!”
35. “Mornings are made for bacon and pancakes. Wake up so you can make us some breakfast!”
36. “Good morning, bestie. I hope this message makes you smile. Or at least smirk. I’ll even settle for a sigh. Just as long as you’re not still snoring!”
37. “Get up and get out of bed…Your coffee needs you.”
38. “Like a phoenix rising from the garbage, you shall rise from that gutter known as ‘your bed’.”
39. “Morning, pal. Wouldn’t it be better if mornings happened in the afternoon?”
40. “Sorry bud, your five minutes are up. Stop hitting that snooze button and get out of bed!”
Thoughtful Ways to Say, ‘Good Morning My Friend’
Can’t find the right words to express how you feel? Let your friend know how much you care with one of these thoughtful ideas.
41. “Wishing you a lovely morning, my dear friend. I’m so blessed to have you in my life!”
42. “Friends are the family that we choose. I’m so happy to have chosen you! Good morning, my friend.”
43. “Good morning my wonderful friend. I hope your day is filled with love, peace, happiness, and harmony.”
44. “My life is wonderful thanks to the incredible people in it. I just wanted you to know you’re at the top of that list. Good morning, my dear friend!”
45. “Each new day is full of surprises and new opportunities. So get up, drink your coffee, and make today a spectacular one!”
46. “None of us can predict the future, so the secret is to live each day to the fullest. Good morning my friend, wishing you a wonderful day ahead.”
47. “No matter how dark the night may be, it always ends with a new dawn. May you wake up today filled with hope and renewed determination.”
48. “Being surrounded by wonderful people like you makes my life worth living. Good morning, my dear friend, and thank you for being part of my day.”
49. “Every morning is a blank canvas. What will you paint today? Wishing you a happy, productive, and successful day ahead.”
51. “Life can be hard, and we don’t always get things right. Learn from the past and embrace what this new day offers. Have a good morning, my dearest friend.”
52. “At the start of this new day, remember that I’m your friend and I’m always here for you. I hope you have a wonderful day.”
53. “Today will not be like yesterday, and tomorrow will never be like today. All we can do is live life to the fullest and make the best of each day. Good morning bestie!”
54. “In life, we’re blessed with people who lift us up when we’re feeling down. I just wanted to start this day by thanking you for being that special friend to me.”
55. “Good morning my friend. I can’t wait to see you later so we can go out and try to make this world a better place.”
56. “Life isn’t about reliving the past. It’s what we do with today that matters. Have a wonderful morning, my friend, and get ready to put your best foot forward.”
57. “Do you know what I love about each new day? It’s an opportunity to make you just a little bit happier than you were yesterday. Good morning, my dearest friend!”
58. “Be thankful for every good thing that surrounds you and for our friendship that brings us so much joy. I don’t know what I’d do without you, bestie.”
59. “Good morning, my friend. Sip your tea and think of me, knowing I’m doing the same for you!”
60. “On the days when you don’t believe in yourself, never forget that I believe in you. Now go out there and let your light shine. You got this!”
Short and Sweet Good Morning Messages for a Friend
You don’t have to send a long, wordy message first thing in the morning. Try one of these suggestions to keep your message short and sweet.
61. “Rise and shine, friend! Wishing you a beautiful day today.”
62. “It’s a wonderful day to be alive. Good morning my friend!”
63. “A morning spent without a dear friend like you is a morning wasted.”
64. “Morning, sunshine. Flash the world your smile and show them how gorgeous you are.”
65. “I thought I’d start this day with a text to you since it will cheer us both up.”
66. “Hello, my friend. I hope you find the ‘good’ in every morning.”
67. “Wake up mate, a new day has arrived. Let’s make it a great one!”
68. “Sending you a virtual hug this morning. Can’t wait to see you again!”
69. “Good morning my friend, how did you sleep last night?”
70. “Wishing you everything your heart desires today and every day.”
71. “Forget yesterday, it’s over. Embrace today and the possibilities it holds.”
72. “May each of your footsteps today bring you happiness and success.”
74. “You’re in my thoughts today, tomorrow, and every day.”
75. “Good morning. I hope you feel well-rested and ready to conquer the world.”
76. “Open your eyes and enjoy the miracles happening all around you.”
77. “Rise and shine, my dear friend. The world awaits your smiles!”
78. “I have so much to share with you…Call me when you wake up!”
79. “Have a wonderful day today, my dear, and make yours a masterpiece.”
80. “No caffeine necessary today…That’s what I’ve got you for!”
81. “I missed you last night while I was sleeping. Good morning, my dearest!”
82. “Good morning, my friend. You’re all the sunshine I need.”
83. “I’m having a great morning; the only thing that could make it better is if you were here too.”
84. “No matter how busy our lives get, I’m always thinking of you. Good morning, my friend!”
85. “Hello and good morning, dear friend. Never give up!”
Good Morning Friends: Time to Bring a Smile to Someone’s Face
Whether your friend rises before the sun or loves to sleep until noon, they’re sure to appreciate a thoughtful message when they check their phone!
Use some of the ideas above to say, “Good morning my friend” to the special people in your life.
Feel free to combine ideas and use your own words to make the message uniquely yours — and perfect for your friend.
After you’ve sent a good morning message to your friend, what should you do next?
Do you need more ideas for sweet messages, trending hashtags, travelling, or general life advice?
Stay right here and keep browsing my site for other helpful reads! These touching birthday messages for your sister could be a good place to start!